GitLab 5.3 released
Today we release GitLab v5.3. We were mostly concentrated on bugs fixes and usability improvements in this version. But we also added some new features like: Repository Graphs, Campfire/HipChat services integration, Code Snippet for users etc.
The 3 most important improvements in GitLab 5.3
HipChat/Campfire Services integration with your projects
Code Snippets now available for personal use. Create own snippets. Share public snippets with your colleagues
This release most valuable person (MVP) is Karlo Nicholas T. Soriano for contributing the Repository Graph feature, thanks Karlo!
- Repository Graph
- HipChat/Campfire services integration
- Advanced snippets: public/private, project/personal
- Rename repository
- Generate the Rails secret token on first run
- Fixed bug with LDAP + git over http
- Fixed bug with google analytics code being ignored
- Respect newlines in wall messages
- Fix project events duplicate on project page
- Fix postgres error when displaying network graph.
- Fix dashboard event filter when navigate via turbolinks
- Fix dashboard lost if comment on commit
- Fix bug with team assignation on project from #4109
- Init.d: remove gitlab.socket on service start
- Fixes issue with —depth option
- Api: Prevent blob content being escaped
- Api: added teams api
- Api: Smart deploy key add behaviour
- Api: projets/owned.json return user owned project
This release should be an easy upgrade from 5.2. Please use the upgrade guide doc :)
For full list see CHANGELOG
For new setup follow Setup Guide
For update instructions see Update Guide
There is onging work to integrate GitLab CI with GitLab to enable distributed builds.